DE now represents
And gosh are we excited! So take a few minutes to read about why Rohi will be the only COM fabric you'll ever want to specify. 😉
Who is Rohi?
Rohi is a textile brand that was founded in 1933 by the designer Marga Hielle-Vatter and textile engineer Rolf Hielle, after whom rohi is named. Today, it is a 3rd generation run family business.
All of Rohi textiles are manufactured in wool. Why? Because wool is magical. Wool is…
- A natural renewable raw material, and contains no chemicals.
- Fast growing - sheep produce a new fleece twice per year.
- The strongest natural fiber you can buy.
- Easy to clean (liquids pill on top of the fiber rather than absorb into the textile).
- A natural temperature regulator. When it’s hot outside wool is cool and when it is cool outside, wool is warm. It's true!
- Flame resistant by nature.
- A natural sound absorber.
- Resilient! It keep its form and is wrinkle free - it can expand up to 30% of its length and return to its original shape.
- Absorbent - it can absorb up to 35% of its own weight in moisture without feeling damp.
- A natural purifier - wool works as a natural air filter.
Like we said, magical.
Why haven't I heard of Rohi before?
Even though rohi has been around since 1933, their textiles have historically been used in very specific commercial settings. Rohi was one of the first manufacturers to capture business in the aircraft sector. (Pictured above is a mock-up cabin for Airbus from 1975.)
While rohi has recently begun to move into the interiors space abroad, DE is excited to be one of the first companies to represent them stateside. ☺️
How can I use Rohi?
rohi has several different textile lines available for use with anywhere from 50,000 - 120,000 double rubs, and their in-house laboratory makes sure of that. We would love, love, love to tell you, your firm, your best friend, your boss - basically anyone you know - more about rohi.
AND we'd be happy to send you a sample kit so you can see all of rohi's beautiful lines and the colors… OH THE COLORS!
So hit reply. Ask us questions. Get a sample kit. Let's make some COM magic!
Until next time!
~ The DE Team